Copyright

Please do not copy any content of this blog without seeking permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Night Time Blogging!

Hello,
It's 3am. I can't sleep as my head is full of ideas and thoughts which totally refuse to quieten down or go into the next room and amuse themselves in there! So, I decided to get up and do a post which may or may not make sense as I'm tired.

First of all, being serious for a moment, a few words about what has happened in London this week. I don't want to make any political/religious comments about it, but just to express my true sadness for all those caught up in the tragedy, for those suffering injuries, and for the families and friends of those who have lost their lives. My thoughts are with all of you, coupled with great thanks to those who helped and cared for the people in such need. A sad day indeed.

What has been happening in my stitchy corner of the world?
I  have been able to move my chair and standframe into a small room quaintly called a 'study' (a throw back to my Open University days where I immersed myself in my coursework). It needs decorating and re-planning, but I know it will fit in OK, and I will be able to escape into there for some peaceful stitching. Even bought the new curtains this week! Many, many books were taken down to our local Hospice bookshop to make room - hopefully they will make some money from them too.
Downside? Thomas likes the new arrangement too and often races me to the chair - and I don't always win 😕

Purchases - a piece of Christmas red and another of Christmas green 14 count Aida fabric, ready for decorations, and a couple more pairs of snips - where do they go to when I'm not looking?

Progress Report
This week's rotation piece was Homeward Bound by Celtic Rose Needlework. There are 6 pages of the pattern and a huge amount of confetti stitching, but my Mother fell in love with it as she has a black cat, so it now has a place in my WIP collection.
Here is the full design and where I have got to so far. 1 full pattern page done!



The other pattern worked on this week was Golden Buddha by Joan Elliott.
Taken from one of my old magazines, here is the full design and progress so far.
I also stitch squares for LoveQuilts UK, I have put a link here so that you can visit them and see what it's all about. Lovequiltsuk
It's great to be able to be involved with this charity by doing what I love to do as a hobby.
I have finished a couple of squares, ready to be posted tomorrow (Today!)

 So, reasonable progress this week, going to be doing another Celtic Rose Needlework pattern 'Cottage Garden in Spring' next week (more confetti!!) and will choose a small piece out of my long list of Christmas Ornaments.

Thank you for reading, I shall wander back to bed and try to get some sleep.

Good Night zzzzzzzzzzzz

Take care,
Karen x


6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! I've just discovered your new blog and am now a happy follower.
    You are currently working on great big lovely designs. My favourite has to be the cat one, it's gorgeous!!! Have fun with your stitching needles & keeping us updated with your latest progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello - following you too! The cat is really lovely but there is a lot of confetti stitching - oh my poor eyes!! Due to work on her again in a few weeks. Karen x

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen, thank you for leaving me a comment, I clicked on your name and it led me here :-)
    You have lots of lovely stitching on the go, I wish I could be more disciplined with rotations, perhaps then i would get more done!
    I hope you managed to get some sleep after blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie, thanks for dropping by. Rotation stitching seems to be OK for me at the moment, trying not to start too many new ones. Karen x

      Delete
  3. Two more beautiful WIPs. Also love your two love quilt finishes. I did charity stitching for awhile. Sure felt great to do something for them. I love the doggy one you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. I've done the boxer puppy a couple of times now, he's so adorable. Karen x

      Delete

Lovely to hear from you!